The Port of Oswego handles more than a million tons annually.
* Aluminum – Ingots, Recycled Material Magnesium Scrap
* Steel – Rebar, Billets, Rail
* Agriculture Products - Corn, Soybeans, Wheat Fertilizer, Citrus Pulp & Oats
* Project Cargo – Windmill Components
* Heavy Lift – Nuclear Power Components
* Petroleum Products
- 360 Ton Liebherr Crane on-site
- Lifting capacity from 25 tons to 600 tons with outside crane contractor
- Dockside rail and mainline service by CSX
- Certified truck and rail scales
- Mobile conveyor systems
- Fleet of forklifts and front end loaders
- 100,000 square feet of warehouse space
- 50,000 tons of bulk, covered storage
- 400,000 of open storage immediately adjacent to dock with an additional 15 acres available
- Immediate access to Rt. 481 with connectivity to Interstates 81 and 90
Port Tenants and Customers (current/past)
Crop Production Services
Concord Resources Ltd
Engelhart CTP, LLC
Goldman Sachs & Co.
IXM Trading LLC
Marubeni America Corp.
Mercuria Energy Trading Inc.
Mitsubishi International Corp.
Rio Tinto - Alcan
North American Rock Salt
The mission of the Port of Oswego Authority is to serve as an economic catalyst in the Central New York Development Council District Region by providing diversified and efficient transportation services and conducting operations in a manner that promotes regional and international growth and development while being mindful of our responsibility to serve as a steward of the environment.
Adopted - September 28, 2011
Revised - March 8, 2017
2023 Annual Report
Click on the link to view the Port of Oswego Authority 2023 Annual Report.
Meetings will typically be held the third Monday of each month at 4:30pm in the Port of Oswego Authority Conference Room located at 1 East Second Street, Oswego NY.View All